The file management system provides the following tools to manipulate organize the files into the CARES NG® platform:
- Copy to
- Rerun (for assessments only)
It is possible to perform all the above activities in three ways:
- Using the icons that appear beside the file’s name when the mouse cursor is placed over the file’s name
- In the side panel that opens on the right side when you click on
- Right click on the file’s name; this option can handle multiple files. Select all the files of interest and right click on them; then choose the action to be performed.
There is a fourth option that gives you the ability to copy, move and delete multiple files at the same time; once you have selected the file(s) of interest by clicking on the check-box beside their names, four green buttons appear at the top of the file list. Click on the proper button to perform the requested action.
Rename a file
To rename a file hover with the cursor of the mouse over the file to be renamed and click on which appears beside its name; click on to once you are happy with the new name to assign it to the file.
Copy a file
The feature creates a copy of the file in the same folder. The copy has the same name of the original file followed by the word COPY at the end. It is always possible to assign another name to the copy file by as described in the previous section.
Copy-to a file
The feature creates a copy of the table in the folder chosen by the user. It opens a popup window, shown in the below image, which allows the user to browse the file system and select the destination folder.
The new table has the same name of the original unless the new copy is saved into the same folder of the original file; in the last case, the Copy-to option works as the Copy one. Choose the folder where to copy the table to and press
Move a file
The feature moves the table in another folder; it opens a popup window which allows the user to browse into the file system and select the destination folder.
Choose the folder where to move the file to by clicking on its name and pressing
It is also possible to move a file into My Data and Group Data folders with the drag & drop functionality implemented in CARES NG®. Left click without releasing on the file(s) you wish to move and drag it towards the folder where you wish to move your file(s). A dark-blue rectangle appears beside the mouse cursor; this rectangle shows the number of files you are moving. Release the left button when the cursor is above the destination folder.
Trash a file
The feature deletes the file. The file is visible winthin the Trash folder which is in the left-side panel of the CARES NG® interface.
It is always possible to restore a file by following these steps;
- Go into the Trash folder
- Move the mouse over the file name or check the box beside its name
- Click on the or at the top of the file list. The second option opens the usual popup windows for browsing the file system and selecting the destination folder
- In case you wish to permanently delete, click on
All the above action can also be performed by right-clicking on the file(s).
Rerun an assessment
CARES NG® gives you the ability to rerun an assessment that has been already run successfully. To do that, you can either:
- Click on the icon which appears in the right side of the screen when the mouse cursor is on the assessment name or in its information panel
- Right click on the assessment name and click on Re-run assessment
A popup window opens and gives you two options:
- Save As New: a new assessment will be created. The assessment will preserve the input data and the parameter selection of the original assessment but it will have a new name
- Overwrite Previous: the original assessment will be overwritten with the new assessment which will be the exact copy of the original one
Click on the option of choice; you will be presented with the wizard of the new assessment containing all the previous inputs and selected parameters.
Download a file
Use the feature to download the table into a zipped csv file. You are presented with a popup window that allows you to set up the csv file as you desire. The csv settings that can be changed are:
- How columns are delimited; available options are comma, semicolon and tab.
- How columns are terminated; available options are the Windows style (\r\n) or Linux style (\n)
- How columns are quoted; available options are quote (“) and single quote(‘)
Press once you are happy with the csv settings.
Access the Information panel on the right side of the window by clicking on the icon. The Information panel enables you to perform all the above actions and displays the following extra information about the file:
- File type
- Time of the last modification
- Date when the file was created
- The name of the user who created and consequently owns the file
- The permission settings